available on Songofsnow.com
One of the rarest early Canon cameras. Canon Hansa camera lens mount serial
number 505. Baseplate serial number 2779 (type 2).
- J-flangeNippon Kogaku focusing unit with 50mm f3.5 lens.
- Shutter speeds Z, 20, 30, 40, 60, 100, 200, 500.
- Frame counter located on the front of the camera.
- This model was made between 1935-1940.
- Kaneko pop up viewfinder.
- Early topplate design with curved sides to accessory shoe.
- The advance and rewind(A-R) are not engraved on the top, indicating this camera was made in either 1935 or early 1936.
- Early style film spool.
Note: This camera was sold by Westlicht-auction to current owner in 2008. This camera may be seen on the linked site:
The author of that article states that this camera was made in 1940, however, the features we have pointed out would indicate the years 1935 or 1936.
Condition: cosmetics good or better. Shutter in working order, and speeds cannot be checked without removing the outer shell. Shutter curtains are clean. Lens clean on surfaces and inside.
To see more images please visit our shop at Songofsnow.com